Coronavirus COVID-19 Home Testing Kit
Randox has developed a pioneering test for COVID-19 on our patented Randox Biochip Technology. Capable of conducting multiple tests simultaneously, the Randox Biochip has two tests for COVID-19, as recommended by the World Health Organisation – one specific and one confirmatory.
One test is therefore all that is required to provide an accurate and reliable COVID-19 diagnosis which facilitates appropriate containment and reduces the risk of further contamination.
This fast and comprehensive testing is currently being used within the UK government’s national COVID-19 testing programme, with Randox responsible for 10-17% of the total tests carried out. The test is also available privately as part of our ‘Get Back to Business’ staff screening package.
Randox has developed a revolutionary test for Coronavirus (COVID-19). The new test utilises Randox Biochip Technology.
Step 1 – Buy Online
Step 2 – Register Kit
Step 3 – Collect & Post
Step 4 – Receive Results
The kit provided is used for the collection of upper respiratory specimens.
Your kit will include;
- Transportation box
- 1 Pathoseal Bag
- 1 swab
- 1 large postal envelope
- 1 sample collection tube
- Sample Collection Instructions
- 1 Transportation Tube
- Screening Request form
- Complete the COVID-19 Screening Request Form included in the sampling kit.
- Wash hands before starting
- Open the package containing the swab and remove without touching the soft tip.
- Insert swab into mouth and swab the back of the throat and tonsils and either side of the throat avoiding the tongue.
- While holding the swab, screw off the sample collection tube lid and place swab in the tube.
- Break off the end of the swab and the breakpoint and screw the lid back on tightly.
- Place the sample collection tube within the transport tube and seal with the lid provided.
- Place transportation tube inside the Pathoseal bag. Absorbent material will already be in situ.
- Seal pathoseal bag by removing the metallic silver strip. Ensure the blue adhesive strips have made a tight seal of the bag.
- Insert the pathoseal bag into the transportation box which should then be put inside the Postal Envelope provided and taken to a post office/courier arranged to be sent to the address.