Coronavirus COVID-19 Home Testing Kit
Our pioneering test for COVID-19 utilises PCR to accurately and reliably diagnose COVID-19, thus facilitating appropriate containment and reducing further spread of disease. Our test comprises two tests for COVID-19; one specific and one confirmatory as recommended by the WHO. Our rapid testing service is used within the UK government’s national COVID-19 testing programme, with Randox responsible for up to 17% of the total tests carried out.
Randox has developed a revolutionary test for Coronavirus (COVID-19). The new test utilises PCR.
Step 1 – Buy Online
Step 2 – Register Kit
Step 3 – Collect & Post
Step 4 – Receive Results
The kit provided is used for the collection of upper respiratory specimens.
Your kit will include;
- Transportation box
- 1 Pathoseal Bag
- 1 swab
- 1 large postal envelope
- 1 sample collection tube
- Sample Collection Instructions
- 1 Transportation Tube
- Screening Request form
- Complete the COVID-19 Screening Request Form included in the sampling kit.
- Wash hands before starting
- Open the package containing the swab and remove without touching the soft tip.
- Insert swab into mouth and swab the back of the throat and tonsils and either side of the throat avoiding the tongue.
- While holding the swab, screw off the sample collection tube lid and place swab in the tube.
- Break off the end of the swab and the breakpoint and screw the lid back on tightly.
- Place the sample collection tube within the transport tube and seal with the lid provided.
- Place transportation tube inside the Pathoseal bag. Absorbent material will already be in situ.
- Seal pathoseal bag by removing the metallic silver strip. Ensure the blue adhesive strips have made a tight seal of the bag.
- Insert the pathoseal bag into the transportation box which should then be put inside the Postal Envelope provided and taken to a post office/courier arranged to be sent to the address.